Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day/Good Friday

Wow, Earth Day and Good Friday on the same day...that's interesting.  Now I previously stated that I don't really believe that Jesus died on Friday, but hey, it's on the calendar, and people celebrate it, and I'm not going to "preach" against it.  But I find it interesting that the time when we celebrate the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus is the same day as the time when people celebrate "Mother Earth".

A friend of mine did a contest to have a t-shirt designed for Earth Day.  I love it.  The simple message is: God Created Earth Day. How cool is that idea?  The time when we as Christians celebrate our freedom, we can also celebrate our Creator!  Now I think there is nothing wrong (although a little strange) with hugging a tree, but while you hug the tree (if you must), thank God for the tree!  Thank Him for this beautiful world we live in. Thank Him that we can have the rain and the sun, the grass and the trees.  Because they are only here because God created them!

No comments:

Post a Comment