Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh the faith of a child

Seriously, my two year old cracks me up...it seems like every day she comes up with some new thing to make me laugh.  Lately, it has been "I too scared".  Here is just one example of a recent conversation:

"Brianna, come on, let's get your shoes on."
"I can't, I too scared.  I too scared of sandals."
"You're scared of sandals?"
"Yeah, I too scared of shoes."

And so on...she's scared of bed, she's scared of dinner, she's scared of Nana's house.


The other night, we had a pretty big storm here in Pace.  Of course, Brianna was "too scared" to go to bed.  I'll admit, she had a valid point on that one...it was pretty loud.  As I tucked her into bed, we prayed to Jesus that He would keep her safe as she slept.  I told her that the thunder was just noise, that it couldn't hurt her.  I left her in her bed, and went out to the living room.  A very loud clap of thunder followed my departure, and she cried out.  Her daddy went in to comfort her.  I don't know what he said to her, but whatever it was, it seemed to work.  She was quiet, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

How many times in the storms of our lives, do we just trust that our Father is there for us, that He will protect us from those storms?  Oh to have the faith of a child, to where we can just trust our Father.  Of course, He is there for us, all we have to do is believe.

2 comments: