Thursday, May 5, 2011

Legacy

This Mother's Day, I am really focused on the legacy that is my family.  This is my super awesome and beautiful momma...yes, I still call her momma :)

This was (obviously) taken on my wedding day.  My mom was such a help in that time of my life.  She is such a giver, such an encouraging person!  And the best shopping buddy ever! I can always count on her to listen to me, and she is an awesome babysitter!  She is always there for me, and although I was less than an angel growing up, I can honestly say that now, we are best friends.  I love you so much mom!




This is my beautiful grandma (my mom's mom).  We called her Nanny.  Nanny went to be with Jesus ten years ago on May 3, 2001.  My life was so enriched by this wonderful lady of God.  She was my best friend.  She died when I was 16, but I knew I could always talk to her about anything and she would listen and pray for me.  Her name was Rubye, and she was a precious jewel.




This is my grandmother, my dad's mom Joyce.  Honestly, to my shame, I really don't know anything about her.  But one thing hit me square in the face--I got my looks from her!  She is a beautiful woman!  She died before I was even born, and I am sad I never got the chance to know her.  But I kinda have a feeling that she left a good legacy too, because my dad is amazing as well.  


I could not talk about my wonderful legacy without including this special lady, my mother-in-law Luwanda. She is responsible for giving an incredible legacy to my husband Caleb.  She is also a giving and godly woman.  I know that I can count on her to pray for me and to be there if I ever need anything.  She is such a blessing to me and my family!  

How lucky and blessed I am to have this wonderful legacy left to me.  I can only hope and pray that my life can be a good legacy to my children as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment