Thursday, February 28, 2013

Worn





Man, has it been a rough few days!  I have been so tired and cranky!  I'm going to blame it on the hormones, but it makes me so MAD sometimes (which doesn't help matters!).  I am to the point now where very tiny thing makes me cry, and I hate that!  In one word, I am WORN!           



One thing I like to do when the kiddos get to bed is turn on music and just sit for a minute.  It lets me refocus so I can get those last few things done before the night wraps up.   Tonight, I am feeling particularly emotional after a VERY trying day with the kids, and the first song that came on was this one I'm going to share.  How appropriate, right?   Take a listen, then keep reading.


Awesome, right?  Listen, I know there are people out there going through MUCH harder things than I am...but I needed this tonight.  To me, life is tiresome right now.  To you, it may be something else, but personally, it is YOUR life.  Everyone goes through things, and it is important to them, even if it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, or someone else.  I really don't think I am making much sense right now, but it works in my brain.


 Think about those words--
    I'm tired, I'm worn, my heart is heavy. My soul feels crushed by the weight of this world.  We have ALL been there, haven't we?  It's tough sometimes!  There's that despair, that feeling like you aren't going to make it...but the part of the song I love the most is Let me see redemption win, let me know the struggle ends, that You can mend a heart that's frail and torn.  Yes, all that's dead inside will be reborn. Though I'm worn, I'm worn.  Therw's hope!  Even when it seems like there's not, God can take your broken and torn heart and mend it with His love.  One day, the struggle within us WILL end!  It may not seem that way right now, but be of good cheer, He has overcome the world!  


1 comment:

  1. LOVE being able to chill and reflect on the day. Good or bad. it's just nice to chat with God about it.

    ReplyDelete