Tuesday, September 5, 2017

You're Not Alone

   It's been a while since I have posted, and I just had to share this moment I experienced this morning in the car.
     There us this new song on the radio that I hear from time to time, and I've always liked it.  Some of the words are:


Oh, my soul

You are not alone
There's a place where fear has to face the God you know
One more day, He will make a way
Let Him show you how, you can lay this down
'Cause you're not alone

   It's comforting to know that someone is always with you, but we all have to admit that there are times where we just are plain lonely.  We know that God is with us, we know that He loves us, but we are also human.  Things might happen where we feel like God is so far away (even though He is NOT!), or that we don't have a friend in the world.  I'll be the first to admit that I feel that way ALOT.  
   So I was sitting in my car this morning, waiting for a store to open (hello hurricane prep!), and this song came on.  I was just hanging out, kind of feeling lonely and sorry for myself, when all of a sudden I hear a voice in the backseat SINGING THE SONG.  Now let me explain this singing.  My almost 2 year old doesn't really talk much.  He says words, but not really sentences, if that makes sense.  But he sings.  And when he sings, it's mainly just the last word of a phrase. 
   At first, I think, oh he's just making random words, that's so cute.  But the more the song plays the more I realize he is singing with the song!  For some reason, thosee ugly tears come.  Here I am, sitting in my car feeling sorry for myself, and my 2 year old is in the backseat singing about not being alone (and as I type this he is singing King of the World).  What a wakeup call, right?  My sweet little boy is reminding me in his choppy little singing voice that I am absolutely not alone, ever! He reminds me that God has everything in control, and He is holding me in His hands.
   We live in uncertain times, that much is evident.  We don't know what tomorrow will bring!  Right now, we don't know how hard (if at all) we will get hit by this massive storm.  But there is a truth that is certain.  God has a plan.  He loves us.  And we are not alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment