Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Being a Mom is TOUGH...

So I came across this wonderful website called Proverbs 31 Ministries.  They have online Bible Studies, and I am starting one today called "Am I Messing Up My Kids?"  I IMMEDIATELY signed up for this study, thinking "YES!  YES I totally AM messing up my kids!"

First day:  write a blog post about how being a mom is tough....oh boy.  I mean, seriously, I could write ALL DAY on that subject!

It IS tough being a mom.  I have three BEAUTIFUL children...(Brianna, 5; Carter, 3; and Makenna, 1) and I LOVE being their mommy.  But let's face it--life isn't all about bubbles and rainbows and hugs and kisses. These three precious children are HUMAN.  They were born sinners.  And they cry and whine and complain (alot!).  They do bad things, and drive me CRAZY, but through it all, I wouldn't change my life for the WORLD.


Another tough part about being a mom (at least for me) is that I ALWAYS second guess myself.  Am I doing what is best for them?  Am I making sure they have the best possible chance of being successful in their grown up lives?  Are they safe?  Are they loved enough?  Those thoughts alone can be so overwhelming at times!

There is one other aspect that I bring up that may or may not apply to some moms.  I hope and pray that it does not apply to you.  Another tough part about being a mom is not having your child with you.  We have an angel in heaven, and it is so tough feeling that empty spot so many times as life goes on.  I know God had a reason, and I know my family would not be what it is today if Malachi had survived, but believe me, that hole is still there.  If that has become a part of your life, know that my prayers are with you, and feel free to visit my page on Facebook ( HOPE Healing Our Pain and Enduring).  I am still in the building process of this new ministry, but know it is a safe place to honor you and your child.

So reading over this post, I think that I could say that YES, being a mom is tough.  But it is also the most rewarding thing I could have ever chosen to dedicate my life doing.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie, your children are absolutely adorable! I am so sorry you had to experience the pain of sending one of your babies on to Heaven. Oh what a day that will be when you will get to sit & hold him again. You are so right about being a mom is tough but like you said it is the most rewarding thing EVER!

    Tonya ~ Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie I am so sorry to hear about Malachi. Being a mom is a tough job. It does help me to know that others have the same doubts as I have!

    ReplyDelete