Monday, April 29, 2013

Why do Mommies fight?

     Ok, I will admit, I look up EVERYTHING on the internet.  My kid sneezes funny, I Google it.  My cheesecake cracks, I Google it (btw, bake it with a pan of water to avoid that).
     Many times in my searching, I am directed to mommy forums.....dangerous, I have learned.  VERY dangerous.  Because you either leave the page freaking out because your kid may have an incurable disease and you need to RUSH to the ER, or you leave angry because you were made to feel like a TOTAL failure by some cloth diapering, toddler nursing, all natural organic momma (and there is NOTHING wrong with that, by the way) who thinks that every momma who doesn't do things HER way is a bad parent.  (If you can't tell, that has happened to me, haha).  So yeah, I am (slowly) learning to stay away from mommy forums.




     My big question is, why do moms have to be like that?  I mean come on, we are all trying to do the same thing essentially (trying to keep our kids alive and thriving day to day), right?  My message to mommies every where is this:  If you can't be nice, don't say anything at all; as well as, If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!
     Dearest mommies who are all natural, etc.:  GOOD FOR YOU!  YOU have chosen that lifestyle for your family, and that's GREAT!  But PLEASE don't make other mommies feel like crud when they don't do the same things!  Get off your high and mighty horse and take care of your family for heaven's sake, not everyone else's!  (And disclaimer, by the way, MOST all natural type mommies are not like this, but believe me, there are plenty out there!) I was reading on a Facebook page the other day, and a mommy had a question about nursing, and she mentioned that she supplemented...you would have thought the world was going to come to an end, and I'm sure from reading the comments that poor momma went to her room and cried for an hour (I know I would have!)  Every mom does things different, and that is her choice as a mom!  As for me, I use disposable diapers, and I only nursed my first two until they were 5 months.  There were reasons, and frankly, that is no one else's business!  So for goodness sake: BE NICE!  If you carried that child for 9 months, then you have a right to make decisions.  But you didn't, and I didn't (thank goodness, because these three have been MORE than enough for me!), so tend your own house!
     Dearest mommies who stalk these forums and pages (ok, ok, this is me, haha): STAY AWAY!  For goodness sake, don't bring things on yourself!  And believe you me, I am preachin' to the choir!  I get so mad sometimes at mommies who sit there and take this "abuse" from other mommies.  Why do you do this to yourselves, haha...I ask myself that each time I get ruffled at something someone said to me.  If you feel you are doing the right thing for your family, guess what...YOU ARE!  God gave you what is commonly called "mommy instinct".  If you feel that something is right for you, then GREAT!  Do it!  And don't take any rudeness or condescension from any other mommy.  You are responsible for the health and well-being of your child and your child alone.  Keep your chin up, and keep on doing what is good for YOUR family!
     I pretty much needed to get my frustrations out at reading what other moms were saying, and to pep talk myself into listening to my own advice.  There is too much crazy stupid stuff going on in this world for us to worry about each other and what Jane Doe is feeding her children and putting on their butts.  Stick together, moms!  Support each other, moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment